Here at Menston Primary School we are dedicated to safeguarding the well-being of all children and adults in the school and expect everyone in our community to share this commitment.
In this statement we would like to share with you school policies and practices with regard to ensuring that children are taught and encouraged to live healthy lifestyles and adopt safe practices.
School policies and guidance are in place to ensure that there is a consistent approach to practices throughout the school and that they are adhered to by staff, governors and volunteers. Adults have a tremendous impact on young children and with this in mind adults at Menston Primary School:
- are good role models for children
- enjoy their work and working with children
- are conscientious and hard working
- recognise and value strengths in each other and use these to support everyone
- work within that agreed policies and guidance of the school
- promote a happy, caring and safe school
- encourage children to think for themselves, ask questions and find answers
- create an environment of trust
- challenge and support children in their learning.
There are numerous policies in place to safeguard our children. Please click here to access these policies.
Please report all absences to the school office before 8:30 am. We have a 24 hour absence line 01943 873180 where you can leave a message to let us know what the reason for absence is. You must not send any child in to school if anyone in the household is displaying the symptoms of Covid-19. If your child has sickness or diarrhoea they must be kept off school for 48 hours after the last bout of illness.