Welcome to Menston Primary School. This is a warm, friendly and successful school full of brilliant people (most of them under 12 years old!). Our children are fabulous. They care about their friends, their school and their world, and they work hard to learn and to teach each other interesting, useful stuff. They particularly like our commitment to providing regular outdoor learning for all year groups - be that running the Daily Mile, pond dipping, minibeast hunting and den building or just being outdoors and learning about the natural world. Whilst doing all this they achieve very high standards. The children have taught us that the school should be ‘Making our World a Better Place.’ So that is what we work together to do - every day.
Please contact the School Office on 01943 873180 if you would like to learn more about our school and to arrange a visit.
Main Street Improvements
Below you will find draft plans for the improvement of the road and pavements along Main Street outside the school. Broadly speaking, the plan is to widen the pavements and to narrow the road. The children have helped by designing road markings, street furniture and planters which would signal more clearly to motorists that this is a school environment where it is likely that children might be crossing.
Important Covid-19 Information
Please telephone the school office on 01943 873180 to inform us if pupils are isolating because someone in the household has symptoms/ positive test outcomes.
If one of our pupils has a positive test result over a weekend or at the start of a school holiday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is important as we may need to inform their close contacts that they need to isolate.
Things we can all do to help us all stay safe:
- Carry on being very vigilant and keep checking for symptoms.
- If in doubt – be cautious, keep your child off and get them tested. An extra day at home for one child is much better than 10 days of isolation for a whole class.
- Arrange for just one adult to drop off or pick up children.
- Continue to use the full 15-minute windows (8.45-9.00am and 3.10-3.25pm) for drop off/pick up. Avoid arriving earlier than this so that we do not have groups of people queuing on the pavements.
- Keeping moving and leave the school site quickly.
- Reduce congestion near school entrances or classroom doors by encouraging older children to enter and leave school independently.
We thank you for your help with this.