Welcome to Menston Primary School. This is a warm, friendly and successful school full of brilliant people (most of them under 12 years old!). Our children are fabulous. They care about their friends, their school and their world, and they work hard to learn and to teach each other interesting, useful things. They particularly like our commitment to providing regular opportunities for Learning Outside the Classroom in all year groups - be that running the Daily Mile, pond dipping, minibeast hunting and den building or just being outdoors and learning about the natural world. Whilst doing all this they achieve very high standards. The children have taught us that the school should be ‘Making our World a Better Place.’ So that is what we work together to do - every day.
Please contact the School Office on 01943 873180 if you would like to learn more about our school and to arrange a visit.
Children Starting in Reception in September 2022
We held two Open Mornings and one Open Afternoon earlier in November for families to come to see our wonderful school. Please contact our main school office on 01943 873180 if you missed the chance to visit. We hope that you enjoy exploring our school website in the meantime – we would encourage you to watch both videos on this page, which give you a great introduction to our school.
Menston Primary Receives National Recognition
We are pleased to announce that we have been awarded the Silver Quality Mark by the national Skills Builder Partnership in recognition of our high standards in the teaching of transferable skills to all of our children. Our high standards have been further recognised by our school also being awarded Skills Builder Showcase School status. Read all about our work on the partnership’s showcase pages https://www.skillsbuilder.org/case-study/menston-primary-school
Important Covid-19 Information
Please telephone the school office on 01943 873180 to inform us if pupils are isolating because they have tested positive for Covid-19.
Please click here to view our Outbreak Management Plan.
Things we can all do to help us all stay safe:
- Carry on being very vigilant and keep checking for symptoms.
- If in doubt – be cautious, keep your child off and get them tested.
- Arrange for just one adult to drop off or pick up children.
- Continue to use the full 10-minute windows (8.45-8:55am and 3.15-3.25pm) for drop off/pick up. Avoid arriving earlier than this so that we do not have groups of people queuing on the pavements.
- Keeping moving and leave the school site quickly.
- Reduce congestion near school entrances or classroom doors by encouraging older children to enter and leave school independently.
We thank you for your help with this.